Rotary of Colleyville Annual Charity Event
PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE: 10AM – 12 NOON
RISE AGAINST HUNGER Food Packing Event • Sat Nov 3, 2018
At the Colleyville Rotary Club annual event Rise Against Hunger, we will be packing meals to be distributed to third world countries.
Colleyville Rotary Club members and volunteers will meet at the First United Methodist Church of Colleyville on November 3 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
We invite local youth and community groups to join us!
In past years, the Rise Against Hunger event has received participation from local Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Camp Fire, school and sports groups, church groups, sports teams, martial arts dojos and more.
Like to Be a Part of Eliminating World Hunger?
Would you, your family – or your group – would be interested in helping to pack meals at the Colleyville Rotary Rise Against Hunger event?
Everyone is invited to help solve world hunger! This is a child friendly and family friendly event.
The Rotary Club of Colleyville and the First United Methodist Church of Colleyville have teamed up with Rise Against Hunger to prepare meal packages for needy families around the world. It is a lot of fun and takes less than 2 hours on a Saturday morning. There’s a role for everyone from children to senior citizens with tasks such as weighing the food packages, re-filling the food bins, and sealing the packages.
Rotary: Serve Locally. Impact Globally!
Since the launch of Rise Against Hunger’s meal packaging program in 2005, Rotarians internationally have packaged 30 million+ meals for distribution around the globe.
Rotary is a critical link to helping Rise Against Hunger meet the United Nations goal of ending world hunger by 2030. Rotarians are known for achieving ambitious goals, evidenced by the Rotary International success with its eradication of polio initiative.
Rotary Clubs have packaged meals with Rise Against Hunger in 112 countries; including the United Kingdom, South Africa, Malaysia, Philippines, Italy, India, Peru, Australia and South Korea.
The global partnership between Rise Against Hunger and Rotary International was featured in the March 2017 edition of The Rotarian magazine. Read the full article here.
How is Rise Against Hunger Aligned with The Rotary Foundation?
The work of Rise Against Hunger aligns with these Rotary Six Areas of Focus:
- Promoting Peace: When people no longer need to fight over food, peace will reign.
- Fighting Disease: Rise Against Hunger meals help to improve the health and nutrition of those who receive them.
- Providing Clean Water: Rise Against Hunger invests in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) training and technology.
- Saving Mothers and Children: Feeding programs operated by partner organizations promote education, encourage children to attend school and improve health and nutrition.
- Supporting Education: By delivering meals through school feeding programs, children attend school not only to receive an education, but also to receive critical nutrition.
- Growing Local Economies: Rise Against Hunger is seeking Rotary partners to assist with sustainable community development projects. These projects are perfect for Rotary Global Grants.
- Please Contact Us to learn how you can get involved.
Rotary is a leader in the effort to end global hunger!
Please Join Us on Sat Nov 3, 2018!
If you – or your group – would be interested in helping to pack meals at the Colleyville Rotary Rise Against Hunger event – please Contact Us!
First United Methodist Church of Colleyville
1000 Church Street
Colleyville, TX 76034
10am – 12 noon
Rotary Club of Colleyville
Rotarians are business and professional leaders who take an active role in their communities while greatly enriching their personal and professional lives.
We are a 501c3 organization affiliated with Rotary International.