Rolex Timepiece - Courtesy of Haltom's Fine JewelersOnly 300 Raffle Tickets to be SoldRolex Retail Value: $5400 Buy a Raffle TicketThe Rotary Club of Colleyville is very excited to announce that Haltom's Fine Jewelershas donated a Rolex Timepiece for the DFTS 2019 Raffle! Rolex Timepiece for the ...
- This event has passed.
RISE AGAINST HUNGER, Food Packing Event, 10am -12 noon Sat Nov 3, 2018
November 3 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Rotary of Colleyville Annual Charity Event
Colleyville Rotary Club members will meet at the First United Methodist Church of Colleyville on November 3 from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm.
At the Colleyville Rotary Club annual volunteer outreach for Rise Against Hunger, we will be assisting in packing meals to be distributed to third world countries. This is a child-friendly and family friendly event!
Volunteer Sign Up Form – Not Required (but will be Appreciated!)
Volunteers do not have to complete the form to participate. Please, just be there to help!
If possible, complete our Volunteer Sign Up form with the number of volunteers in your group? Your form submission will help us in planning.
Like to Be a Part of Eliminating World Hunger?
Would you, your family – or your group – would be interested in helping to pack meals at the Colleyville Rotary Rise Against Hunger event?
This is a child and family friendly event – everyone is invited to help solve world hunger!
The Rotary Club of Colleyville and the First United Methodist Church of Colleyville have teamed up with Rise Against Hunger to prepare meal packages for needy families around the world. It is a lot of fun and takes less than 2 hours on a Saturday morning. There’s a role for everyone from children to senior citizens with tasks such as weighing the food packages, re-filling the food bins, and sealing the packages.
Serve Locally. Impact Globally!
Since the launch of Rise Against Hunger’s meal packaging program in 2005, Rotarians internationally have packaged 30 million+ meals for distribution around the globe.
Rotary is a critical link to helping Rise Against Hunger meet the United Nations goal of ending world hunger by 2030. Rotarians are known for achieving ambitious goals, evidenced by the Rotary International success with its eradication of polio initiative.
Rotarians have now packaged meals with Rise Against Hunger in 11 countries, including South Africa, Malaysia, Philippines, Italy, India, Peru, Australia and South Korea.
The global partnership between Rise Against Hunger and Rotary International was recently featured in the March 2017 edition of The Rotarian magazine. Read the full article here.
How is Rise Against Hunger Aligned with The Rotary Foundation?
The work of Rise Against Hunger aligns with these Rotary Six Areas of Focus:
- Promoting Peace: When people no longer need to fight over food, peace will reign.
- Fighting Disease: Rise Against Hunger meals help to improve the health and nutrition of those who receive them.
- Providing Clean Water: Rise Against Hunger invests in water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) training and technology.
- Saving Mothers and Children: Feeding programs operated by partner organizations promote education, encourage children to attend school and improve health and nutrition.
- Supporting Education: By delivering meals through school feeding programs, children attend school not only to receive an education, but also to receive critical nutrition.
- Growing Local Economies: Rise Against Hunger is seeking Rotary partners to assist with sustainable community development projects. These projects are perfect for Rotary Global Grants.
- Please Contact Us to learn how you can get involved.
Rotary is a leader in the effort to end global hunger!